While gasoline and tobacco products continue to support the majority of convenience store sales nationwide, there’s no denying that beverage sales still hold their own. Without even including alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, and hard seltzers, consumers have a lot of options when it comes to quenching their thirst.
Consumer preferences are varied
Energy drinks and carbonated beverages still lead the way, followed by a full portfolio of other drink options, including enhanced waters, bottled water, sports drinks, ready-to-drink ice tea or lemonades, and juices. This is why it is important to have a beverage distributor that supports your efforts in reaching the widest audience with the best product mix.
What you should look for in a beverage distributor
Here are five ways beverage distributors in Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina can help support your efforts as a convenience store owner:
– Full-Service: Consumers are mixed when it comes to fountain-style dispensed drinks versus packaged fluids. If you have room to provide both options, you’ll need a drink distributor like Atlantic Dominion Distributors that can support both sides. This can also include hot beverage service if you also offer pre-made coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Don’t forget things like ice, cups, sugar packets, creamer, stir sticks, insulator cup sleeves, cup lids, and anything else you might need to make your customers’ buying experience exceptional.
– Data: Smart distributors keep an eye on national trends and can boil buying statistics down to more local levels to know what drinks are most popular with your customers. Staying in the know allows Atlantic Dominion Distributors to keep you up to date on what’s trending, so you can offer the latest hot-selling items without diminishing your overall beverage mix. This not only includes data on how things like sports drinks are stacking up against energy drinks but also knowing which brands are most popular and why.
– Options: A full-service distributor will be able to assist you with your entire product mix, not just beverages or food items, but also trending products items. It’s so much more convenient for a store owner to only need one point of contact for everything you offer in your store. One call to Atlantic Dominion Distributors gets everything you need in one delivery, instead of having to make a number of different calls to get any specialty items you might need.
– Marketing. Beverage distributors should also have access to promotional marketing products from their manufacturers that can help bolster additional sales in your store. In addition to making consumers aware of special promotions that may tie in with national releases of the season’s hottest movies or other major events, providing marketing materials from manufacturers is a great way to increase impulse buys, especially at the point of sale.
– Delivery. In order to maintain an awesome product mix and still keep your shelves fully stocked at all times without needing to keep a lot of inventory on hand, having a beverage distributor like Atlantic Dominion that offers next-day delivery is another blessing. Again, one call and you’re done.
Atlantic Dominion Distributors has everything you need
Atlantic Dominion Distributors is a full-service company that should be your number one choice when looking for convenience store distributors in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. We have decades of experience working with some of the biggest manufacturers in the United States, and we constantly track what products are hot now and which ones will be up-and-coming soon.
We’ll provide you with everything you need to maximize your product mix, and you can count on us to provide next-day delivery whenever you need it, as well as the best customer service you’ll ever experience. Contact us and let us help you provide the best of everything to your customers.